News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: im 16 male have serveral lumps in my neck

guuy - Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Hello
pls can smomeone help i have several lumps on my neck one which i have had for about 5 months its just on my hairline to right upper right side of my neck slightly bigger than a pea hasnt grown i don't thinkough and dosent hurt it touched. also today i have discorvered 3 other lumps these are more in the middle and side of my neck and they are tender no bigger than a 1cm they are quite sore to touch, lastly i have a 2 lumps at the front of my jaw smaller than a cm, and they don't hurt. ive been to the docters they said don't worry come bk in 2 months my parents say the same thing. i am perfectly healthy don't smoke /drink/ very active and none of my family have died from cancer. i am really worried all i can think about is thisand if its cancer, don't noo wat to do now.
can u help
thxs guy
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:07 pm

User avatar Hello Guy,

What you are feeling are most likely lymph nodes. They can become enlarged and tender when the body is fighting off an infection (typically from a virus). They typically will shrink back down after the infection has cleared but may remain enlarged somewhat (usually about 1 cm or less). When this happens they still function normally but are able to be felt easier.

My colleague, Dr. Fouad, has written an article on lymph nodes that you may find helpful. It can be found here.

Best wishes.
 guuy - Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:10 pm

thank you
the lumps are still there at the moment should i still be worried and now i have a lump feeling in my throat

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here