News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: WHAT ARE REACTIVE LYMPH NODES AND TREATMENT?

GEEBOP1 - Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi there i have posted on here before with regards to generalised lymphadenothopy. my nodes are swollen under jaw under chin uner arms collar bone neck groin on both sides with the right hand side ones being bigger as i have had those longer. more recently i got 2 more in my throat one sticks out enough to look like a males adams apple and 1 more lump/node on my back just above my tailbone level with my hips, not sure what this one is but it feels like the others quite rubbery. although i have a few nodes that are hard firm and immobile, none of them hurt or ever decrease in size, they just slowly get bigger over time.
i was wondering if we have nodes in our back?
and also what reactive lymph nodes are? and what the treatment is if any?
what causes this and what are the symptoms?
i am awaiting results from a core biopsy from one of my axillar nodes, will update when i know.
any information would be very helpful as i can't seem to find much about reactives nodes on the net, in humans anyway.
all my bloods came back clear for infections and bugs not sure if i was checked for diseases as my Dr thought it was a virus at first.
many thanks in advance
Geebop
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:58 pm

User avatar Hi Gbop1,
There are approximately 600 lymph nodes in the body that act as a filtering system against bacterial,viral infections etc.. The term reactive indicates that a stimulus, for example, bacterial, viral, etc. has caused the lymphatic system to respond. The additional diagnostics, should clarify your situation. Check out the lymph node enlargement page. I hope you find this helpful. http://www.doctorslounge.com/oncology/d ... /index.htm
Best wishes and an update would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here