Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Lump Upper Left Arm

christykhudson - Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:13 am

I have found a lump on my upper left arm on the outside of arm. It is at the top outer bicep. The arm is sore around it off and on, like the muscle maybe (not intolerable pain by any means just ache).

No injury, nothing on outside showing. It is shorter than it is tall but over an inch long (horizontal), about 1/2 high and protrudes out ... it is almost not noticeable from just looking at it.

I am 36, 120 lbs, pretty active mom of 3 boys. I eat healthy most of the time... I am concerned about this. I can't run off to the doctor due to no insurance... I am not sure what to do.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 am

User avatar Hi christykhudson,
There are many programs in most areas that offer medical evaluations for free or reduced costs typically based on income for people whom are uninsured or underinsured. Lipomas for example, is one condition that comes to my mind from your description. A lipoma can arise anywhere on the body including the upper arms. It feels sort of rubbery in consistency, and appears just beneathe the skin. If enlargement occurs it is typically very slowly. I am by no means implying this is the cause in your case but used rather as an example.Regardless of the causative factor of your symptoms I would encourage you to have an evaluation. If you would like some assistance in attempting to locate available programs in your area, I will do my best to help. Best wishes.

|