Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: lymphnode and psoriases

christywalls - Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi I'm a 46 yr. old female I have a lymphnode on left side of neck towards the back. If you take you finger and put it at my hair line in back and go straight down it's half way down. It's painless about the size of a pea and has been there for 2wks. now. No other symptoms. Haven't had a cold of flue no fever or night sweats. I do have scalp psoiases and it's spread over the hair line over ears and back of head. I'm hoping you could tell me if you thinl I may have lymphoma cancer. Thank You Lindsey
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:12 pm

User avatar Hello Lindsey -

While the bump is probably a gland (they so often are except when found on the scalp), it is unlikely you have lymphoma. There are no other symptoms to suggest this. While it is not imossible it is very unlikely. The lump, if it is a gland, could be related to the psoriasis, or it could be that it's a cyst, which is a more common cause of these kinds of lumps and bumps. Have a doctor check it next time you're in the office, but unless other symptoms develop or the lump grows in size I'd leave it alone for now. (And just FYI, lymphoma is usually discovered after having been present for some time, because usually it affects the armpit glands earliest, and these are often missed due to being partially hidden by body fat).

Hope this is helpful to you. Please do follow up with any additional questions, thoughts, ect. Good luck to you.

|