News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Prostate Cancer

Question: Low FSH and LH

actor4stmtv - Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 pm

I have an "irregular prostate" as identified by my urologist. I will be undergoing a US biopsy soon. Bloodwork was done which has identified all things being normal (except PSA, results not back yet) except for unusually low FSH and LH. They are so low that they are what they should be for a pregnant woman. What could this mean in terms of prostate tumor(s)?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat May 31, 2008 3:53 am

User avatar Hello,

This is confusing indeed. Reducing FSH and LH to low levels is actually one of the methods used to treat advanced prostate cancer tumors as these hormones are responsible for the production of endogenous androgens which enhance tumor growth.

Irregularity / asymmetry in the prostate gland requires that we rule out cancer. Your PSA level will help in the differential diagnosis.

Please update this topic and let us know how things turned out.

Best of luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here