Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Painful Bump on Anus

jarntz - Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:37 am

I have a bump about the size of a pea in the area around my anus. it is skin colored and painful. not very painful, just painful to the touch. I wear thongs and they seem to make it more painful because they are constantly rubbing on it. What could it be?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:00 pm

User avatar Hi jarntz,
One of the conditions that comes to my mind that causes pain, itching, burning and sometimes bleeding and appears as a lump in the anal area is hemorrhoids. This is an enlargement of veins in the rectal area that become inflamed due to causative factors such as constipation, straining, pregnancy, etc. I would encourage you to have an evaluation by your physician to identify the causative factor. Best wishes.
 scottyj55 - Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Ok i have the same thing except, I didnt go bathroom, its the size of a grape, its hard and has a black spot almost looks like a rotten grape, i know you can sometimes push hemmroids in but this thing will not budge pretty hard, i don't know what it is, no blood, it hurts pretty bad

|