Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Tender Lump on top of head, dizzy & nauseous when touched

Diamondbaby - Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:29 pm

I noticed this morning a painful slightly raised area on the top of my head. I noticed it while brushing my hair. It is on the top of my head almost all the way back and slightly to the right side (my right). When I touch or rub it, it makes me feel dizzy and nauseous.

I do not remember getting hit or anything recently. I have had at least 3 serious head injuries in the past. One at age 6 mo. (head cracked open - near death), one at age 20 (fell on ice, hit head on concrete on right side - blackened eyes), and one at age 24 on left side.

I am currently taking Wellbutrin fXL 450 for depression. Occasional headaches that subside when I take 3 Motrin.

Do you know what this could be? Is it common?

Thank you.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:50 pm

This swelling could be of skin, subcutaneous tissue or bone origin.
Characters of this swelling like its consistency, mobility, relation to surrounding tissues, etc would make it easier to suspect possible causes.

You may have been recently exposed to a minor trauma that caused inflammation of the skin and subcutaneous tissue of this part resulting in a localized collection of inflammatory fluid that is felt as a swelling.

It could also be related to one of the previous traumas you have been exposed to. One of them may have been severe enough to cause bone injury that when healed caused an elevation in this part of the skull.

Feeling of nausea when it is touched is difficult to be explained before clinical and radiological examination.

I advise you to follow up with your doctor who may recommend a plain X-ray skull or CT Scan of the brain.

Please keep us updated.
 Diamondbaby - Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Thank you, I will visit my doctor for futher examination.

|