Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Recurrence of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma

chana - Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:02 pm

I am a 45 year old female and was diagnosed with stage 3 Non Hodgkins Lymphoma in February, 2005. I was treated with six cycles of R-Chop and in remission. In March of 2008 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I am currently taking Fortamet ER (metformin) 500 mg twice a day and a daily dose of vitamin D of 1000 ius recommend by my endroconoligist as my blood test showed low in vitamin D. There is history of diabetes in my family, but no cancer.

On my last CAT scan in July, I showed a few enlarged nodes in my neck. I then had a PET scan in August and the PET scan revealed activity in these nodes and an enlarged spleen. My blood tests at this time showed a low platelet count. Red and white cells were within normal range. I have had a low grade fever, between 99 and 101 on and off for the last month. I also have a constant sore throat. I am scheduled for a needle biopsy next week on one of the enlarged nodes.

My question is whether my lymphoma has returned (I know the biopsy result is key) and if so, what course of treatment should I expect?

Thank you - Concerned and want to be prepared
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:30 am

User avatar Hi chana,
The results of the biopsy will determine the treatment involved. I am sure that you already know there are different forms or subtypes of lymphoma. While one form may require chemotherapy treatment another may require both chemotherapy and radiation. Again, the results of the biopsy would be the determining factor. Best wishes.

|