Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Lump on top of testicle

Jason_A - Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi everyone!

For the past year or so, I have been worrying myself to death. I found a lump in my testicle one morning whilst doing a self-examination. The lump is attached to the top of the right testicle. I have been too scared to go to the doctors, incase it is Cancer. I know sitting here will do nothing, so I've finally plucked up the courage and I've got an appointment for tomorrow morning. One of the reasons I didn't go straight away, is because I didn't have any pubic hair and was worried what the doctor would think. I'm now 16, have pubic hair, and my penis has grown so I'm a little more relaxed but still feel anxious.

This may sound like a daft question, but what's the procedure? I just tell him I've found a lump in my testicle ? Will he mention anything about my puberty development and do some checks? The reason I ask is, because I'm a small guy, only 5'3" but I believe I am in the midst of my growth spurt -- just started getting underarm hair.

Onto another thing. I have Fordyce's spots. Is there any way to remove these, or is there any gel to reduce the look of them? Will these go away at the end of puberty?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Jason
 Jason_A - Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Got back from the ultrasound scan today. Been told its only a cyst so really happy. :) I expect a follow up with my doctor, though.

Oh, if Inly started getting underarm hair a few weeks back (not very noticeable yet but can see it if look closely), does it mean I've still got potential to grow more. Currently stand at 5'3" and hate it!!! :(

Regards,
Jason

|