News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: NO pain large neck lymph Abnormal CBC w/diff

LaureenSolari - Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:02 am

I have a 5 yo son with two non-painful large hard neck lymph nodes for 2 weeks now.
CBC results:
WBC: High-14.8;
Seg% High-68.2;
Lymph % Low-11.5%;
Eosin% High-10.4;
Seg Count High-10.1;
Eos Count High1.5;
Sed Rate Westergren High-57
Lymph COunt: 1.7
Mono Count 1.5

MCV and RDW are on the low end and Platelet Count on High End
Complaining of mild abdominal pain, no palpable swelling
Gums and Upper lip are red and inflamed
Other symptoms: very swollen tonsils w/o white spots, non-painful swollowing and no neck pain or redness, fatigue, paleness, mild muscle & joint pain, mild decrease in appetite; 2 -3 pound weight loss

Has had 3 negative strep test and 2 negative Mono test. Am concerned that this may be lymphoma or leukemia; Dr thinks it's still mono but I have a bad feeling. Any suggested test or treatments to discuss with my doctor?
 woodswendy1 - Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:52 pm

Hi, I am not in the medical field but thought I might comment on you situation. Has he had a chest x-ray or anything? If not I would tell them you want him to have a chest x-ray and a CT Scan of his neck, chest and stomach area to check for other swellings. I am going through a similar situation and am going in for my CT scan in a few days. Good luck and remember the doctor works for you and if your not happy just find a new one.
 LaureenSolari - Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:57 pm

It has been 4.5 weeks since his first symptoms appeared and 2 weeks since the swelling appeared... swelling is still the same and now he has a cough. Anybody have any feedback yet? Please help! I have been to 3 different Dr's and they all act like nothing is out of the ordinary. I have a bad feeling.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here