Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: testical pain(left side first)

scaredycat - Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 pm

alright starting a new thread maybe i swore in the last thread i made because it didnt get approved.

maybe i hit my left testical but all i know is it started hurting so much i went to the hospital on a friday night which SUCKED because i got laffed at by people :( anyways.

i go there he says he thinks it nothing put me on ib profin or w/e its called
i go get a ultra sound on my left testical its showing that it is swollen which sucks but i was ok, blood was getting to it, he said i musta hit it or something but i don't really remember, time goes by my bladder(intestines start hurting) i go back tell him he said it could be from my epididmsy being swollen so i go home, then my left leg starts hurting first, days later day with my right(thought it was lac of not being active, so i let it pass, recently my eyes have been hurting then my brain started to hurt, went to doctor said head would hurt from eyes, could be allergies, wasnt to bad yesterday or today...

i thought it was something to do with my blood cause i got some girls blood on me after we had intercourse & i was very scared for weeks and weeks, its been about a month or 2, i thought it had something to do with my blood you know, back of legs hurting, bladder hurting , specialy when i wake up..im a 20 year old male , my legs stopped hurting a bit maybe after working out, my bladder hurts from time to time, day after day, my testical still hurts some what but going away, what has been happening lately was i think i have been having trouble swallowing, i was worried i had MS or something...because my mom takes care of some1 who has MS in my house...

i thought to myself , it felt like there was dust when i was drinking in my throat before i swallowed then when i did i would sorta choke, i thought maybe cause i was drinking to fast or air bubbles or something, it has happend to me 2 or 3 times...

i thought its something to do with my blood but doctor said i was alright...
no exams on my stomach, except for pushing, no xrays on my legs..

but what you people think is wrong with me besides paranoia ? thanks for reading, i just hope im ok my biggest fear is dieing! even tho we all do some day,

question? should i be being active running around playing basketball or should i be sitting in this lawn chair like i have been.....

sometimes it feels like my toes and feed wanna crack and hands, doctor said go a head crack them if they feel that way...

the pain in my left testical was on my right side yesterday maybe from being swollen?

THANKS FOR READING.... ANYTHING WILL HELP ME :(.... today after eating food and i drank i almost choked.... any1 got anything on there mind they would like to share FEEL FREE!
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:19 pm

This could be due to epididymitis an infection that is usually caused by bacteria. The bacteria usually get to the epididymis by moving back through the urethra (urine passes through the urethra from the bladder). The exact bacteria are identified in about 80% of cases.

Two main groups of organisms cause epididymitis: sexually transmitted organisms and coliforms (organisms that live in the intestines).

- In men younger than 35 years, the causes are usually the same organisms that cause sexually transmitted diseasess by chlamydia (responsible for nearly 50-60% of cases) and gonorrhea.

- In those older than 35 years and men who participate in anal intercourse, the causes are usually coliforms, which are bacteria (such as Escherichia coli) that live in the intestines. These organisms also cause bladder infections.

- Chemical epididymitis (rare) is inflammation caused by the backward flow of urine when exercising or having sex with a full bladder.

Symptoms include testicular or scrotal pain, abdominal pain, dysuria, and discharge from the urethra. Conjunctivitis is reported in association with sexually transmitted diseases causing urethral infection (although rare) through autoinoculation by the hands from the genitalia to the eyes.

Diagnosis is based on complete history, clinical examination and investigations that include urine analysis and isolation of the organism from discharge and by culture.

Other causes of scrotal pain include orchitis, varicocele and hydrocele; cancer; an inguinal hernia or pelvic congestion. Pain can also be referred to the testicles from conditions such as ureteric stones or spinal pathology.

Blue balls is a temporary congestion in the scrotum and prostate region that commonly results when prolonged sexual stimulation of the erect penis does not end with in orgasm and ejaculation.

Testicular cancer is less likely since it typically presents with a painless swelling of one testicle.

I would advise you to follow up with your doctor and to exclude infectious causes.
Please keep us updated.
 harmon/kardon - Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:03 pm

My pain is in the right testical. It started getting sore this morning. No swelling just sore to the touch. Do I need to go to the doctor or wait a couple of days to see if it gets worse or what.

|