Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Left nipple wont get hard

HappyLady27 - Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:08 am

I try to give myself brest exams most of the time i feel nothing but then sometimes I think my brest are full of lumps then I know I must be doimg it wrong.
My left nipple dosent swell up when you pinch it or when it gets cold like it shold or if it dose it gets soft really fast, if also has a small flap of skin over it that my husband says has been there forever and I am paranoid about. When I went to the the doctors in june he told me they felt fine, but it still makes me worried.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:47 pm

When the nipple is pulled inward from time to time and not permanently, it is named a retracted nipple. Manipulations with the fingers can bring it out. This condition does not need medical attention as the breast functions normally.
Inverted nipples that are permanently pulled inward is also a condition that do not affect breast function.

To the contrary if the nipple is noticed to be retracted to one side (pulled), proper examination and investigations are done to rule out an underlying lump and malignancy.

Direct clinical examination is essential and it is reassuring that your doctor found no abnormalities to be investigated. But follow up and reporting any changes in your breast to your physician are essential.

Before the onset of the menstruation, the breast is felt as filled with small lumps. This is more evident in females with fibroadenosis of the breast. The breast should be examined after menstruation.

Hope you find this information useful.
I would advise you to follow up with your doctor.
Please keep us updated.

|