Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Bowel movements 1-3 times a month

italiangirl2392 - Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:20 am

I am a 36 year old female. For many many years I have only had 1-3 bowel movements a month. I went to a doctor about 5 years ago due to an enflamed hemmoroid and he told me that if that is how it is then thats normal for me.
I am extremely bloated all the time and I found this product online and I am wondering if it is safe to use...I am enclosing the link, when you go to it click on home and it will give you the details of the product and what it does... I don't want to harm myself if this is not safe to do. Thank you so much for whom ever helps me!
http://www.drfloras.com/index.php
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Supplements such as this are not regulated and therefore we have little data to support or dispute their claims. I'm sorry I cannot endorse it but can only advise fiber supplements such as Metamucil taken daily with lots of fluids, regular exercise such as walking and a diet rich in fiber (whole grains, fruits, vegetables). There are safe laxatives such as Miralax that will not cause dependency. So, there are things you can do to try to keep your bowels emptied on a regular basis. You don't need to move your bowels every day but it would be good for you to have more than you are currently.

Many people do bowel cleansings periodically but if you worry about worms and parasites, a doctor could diagnose this with a stool specimen processed in a reputable lab. Then medications can be effective in eliminating them.

|