News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Numbness and buzzing. Help i am at a loss?

loril - Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:10 am

I have had numbness on the right side of my scalp that goes down behind my ears also a buzzing sound (like a million crickets) I also feel a little pressure in head. I had a CT scan and thyroid check both were normal This has been like this a couple of weeks. It seems to be a little worse in the morning. No vission or vomiting issues.I do have a constant head ache but I think the pressure , buzzing and numbness bothers me more. these systoms are constant and do not stop at all. Do you think it could be a tumor???
Worried L
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:24 pm

User avatar Hello,
This sounds like migraine headache.

The attack usually lasts from days to months and resolves spontaneously.
A thorough neurological examination should be done to exclude conditions like epilepsy variants. EEG may be useful.

Ear infections can also give similar clinical picture and should be excluded. Sinusitis may also give a similar headache but the pain is often exacerbated by leaning forward or head movement, the involved sinus are the sites where the headache is felt and tenderness on palpation of the involved sinus is present. An ENT consultation would be useful.

Other causes like cervical disc prolapse or problems should be excluded and MRI is the test of choice.

I advise you to follow up with your Doctor and to inform him that your symptoms are still there, he might recommend ENT referral, if nothing can be found neurologic consultation and EEG may be helpful.

Hope you find this information useful.
Please keep us updated.
Best regards.
 loril - Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 pm

I had a MRIto day and that came back clear as well. The numbness on my scalp is just driving me nuts. i still have all of the same symptoms but the head ache is just a dull ache . Not a migraine type so to speak. DO you still feel like i should see a nureologist or a ENT doctor?
i just want to find out what is wrong. Thanks." I'm still at a loss"

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here