Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: What is left inguinal adenopathy?

Searchertwin - Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:38 pm

Husband had ct scan and this was mention on the result. He has several and they are measuring 1cm less. The closest thing I could come up with is this is a lymph node in the pelvic region. He has quite a few lymph nodes on body. Had one removed on thigh last year.
I would like to know if this can cause pain, on both sides at the crease of thigh,and pelvic? Pain is more on the right and more painful when he bends over. This is a constant daily pain and he suffers more when he does different things. Also this has made him sick, and sometime he will experience pain that will start on the right side and goes around to his lower back. About once a month he will have blood in his urine, (about three, the size of rice), for about a day. He also indicated that when he passes urine it will burn. This might not have any thing to do with the adenopathy, he had a blood clot remove in his bladder through his penis about a year ago and this still burns when he urinates. Any information will help...thanks
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:58 pm

User avatar Hi there -

Inguinal adenopathy, as you've surmised, is inflammation of lymph nodes in the groin. This can be due to any number of causes, but it is probably related to the bloody urine in this case, simply because of the proximity of the inguinal lymph nodes to the bladder. There may be an infection of the bladder, the nearby lymph nodes, or both. There could be a disease process other than simple adenitis (lympadenitis, inflamed lymph glands). The notation on the report of "left inguinal adenopathy" merely means there is something wrong with the lymph nodes in that area, probobably showing up as enlargement. This can be painful and is often accompanied by fever and other symptoms. A urologist probably should be consulted, although I would think the doctor who ordered the CT would contact your husband regarding any serious findings and make the appropriate referrals.

Best of luck to you both. I hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us here as needed.

|