News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Cervical Cancer

Question: I think i may have cervical cancer could my symptoms be it?

gurlnGa - Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Iam 21 and married i have been having irregular periods. I have a lot of lower back pain and sometimes feel faint or dizzy like i am goin to pass out. I sometimes feel like i have to throw up but I don't. I also get sharp stabbing pains in my side, chest, and lower abdomen. Before my last period which came later than i thought it would, i had a lot of vaginal discharge. now i am experiencing bleeding during sexual intercourse and after i clean up i do not bleed again. Cancers of all kinds run in my family could i have symptoms of any?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:16 pm

User avatar Hello,
Bleeding after sex is not considered normal and may be caused by vaginal dryness or more serious causes like:
Infection and inflammation of the cervix (cervicitis)
Sexually transmitted diseases
Other infections and pelvic inflammatory disease
Benign tumors of the uterus or cancer in the cervix or the uterus.
Cancer cervix is more commonly seen in females infected with HP virus and with history of multiple sexual partners.

Direct clinical examination is essential.
Please keep us updated.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here