News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: brain tumor causes seizure

HappyLady27 - Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:00 pm

The doctors thought I had epilepsy for ten years I went to a third doctor and it turned out to be a brain tumor. It was removed and I haver been seizure free for a year
I felt tired yesterday took a nap woke up and had bit my toung and felt very tired the doctor is slowly takeing me off my mess could it have been a seizure?I don't have e it was a tumor!
Thank you,
Happy lady
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:54 pm

User avatar Hello,
Any brain tumour, whether benign or malignant can cause seizures. The anatomic site of the tumour makes some more likely to present with seizures than others.

Thus in individuals presenting with seizures especially a recent onset seizure, brain tumours should be excluded first.

The surgical removal of the tumour may result in recovery from seizure attacks although others may have intractable seizures.

Recurrence of seizures after surgical removal may be due to incomplete removal, tumour regrowth, or a residual cerebral hemispheric damage.

Any symptoms similar to what you have been experience before the surgery or suggestive of a neurologic problem warrants proper investigations.

I would advise you not to ignore your feeling and be checked by your doctor for exclusion of any serious cause. He may recommend and EEG and MRI brain.

Please keep us updated.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here