Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Lump on leg below knee

ChrisiC84 - Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:51 pm

I fell at least two months ago and hit my leg below my knee on the inside. It bruised for a couple of weeks, and there was a cyst-like lump that hurts to touch. The bruise is completely gone for at least a month, but the lump is still there. If I touch it, it hurts. I am worried about it, because it still hasn't gone away. Any ideas as to what this may be?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:22 pm

This is a post-traumatic problem, and could be a cyst or could be an inflamed and swollen bursa (bursitis) which can on occasion actually become a cyst or cyst-like. It may well respond positively to non-steroidal anti-inflammatories such as Advil or Aleve. If not, you'll need to have it examined by an orthopedist, who may be able to drain it or, if necessary, surgically repair it.

In any case, the main problem with this sort of thing is the discomfort and limited range of motion it can cause. Hopefully it will resolve on its own or with use of NSAIDs. If not, by all means make an appointment with an ortho specialist.

Best of luck to you. Please follow up here as needed.

|