Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Painful lumps in neck and head.

heapsofpain - Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Hello. About a week ago I noticed that my neck was really tense. It felt like I had a knot or something in my muscle. Over the next few days, I noticed that the lumps were getting larger, increasing in number (from 3 to 5 in two days), and increasing in pain. There is a lump by my collar, two behind my ear, one infront of my ear, and one about an inch above my temple by my hairline. My neck and my frontal lobe are throbbing. I'm literally afraid my head is going to explode. I'm 21 years old, very worried and without health insurance. Please give me some advice. Thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:32 am

You need to be examined. The fact that your neck was tense and that you have pain and multiple lymph node enlargement in the head and neck region makes an infection likely. Lymph node enlargement related to the collar bone is always a cause for concern and should be checked as soon as possible just to make sure it is an infection and not something more sinister.

|