News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Lumps in top of my left thigh

Meghan8989 - Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:15 am

Hi I'm 19 and I've had a large/medium-ish lump on the top of my left ight thigh for a couple hours now. I've been too scared to tell my mom about it because she will just say that it is just a bruise.
It's about half the size of my palm and is uncomfortable to touch, it really hurts if it gets banged and pressed. It's been there for a couple hours, I've been worried about it for the past couple of hours or so.
What should I do? It's very visible, I can't wear a bikini for fear of someone seeing it. Should I be worried about it?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:22 am

User avatar Hello,

I think you should be checked right away. There's no way to tell without an examination. Most of the time if the presentation is not clear a physician can only make a good guess at best and try a certain medicine out.

Does it look like a bruise? Does it show color changes (blue, green, red, black)? Were you hit there? From your history you are receiving plavix and aspirin which are known to cause bleeding. This is the most possible cause. This may mean the doctor needs to adjust your doses. A bruise could become infected and turn really nasty if left unattended.

I am not scaring you, it could turn out to be nothing at all. There's a reason why we worry sometimes.

Please keep us updated!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here