Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: 50 year old woman with a growth right on top of a rib

janedoe - Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:30 pm

The growth is protruding and makes me look asymetrical. It feels painful when I press down on it. It's righ on my rib bone, What is it? Is it breast cancer even though it appears to be growing on my rib?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:58 am

Is this something you just noticed or has it been there for a while? Also, is this swelling progressive in size or is it roughly the same size all the time.

Was there any history of trauma to the area?

This is something that would require a visit to the doctor's office!
 janedoe - Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:39 am

I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow. What should I ask for? X-ray? I just noticed it one day about three months ago. It hasn't grown in size. I don't remember falling on it or anything. There is no trauma associated with the area. I noticed coincidentally that I am exhausted chronically. My finger tips ache every night. Also at night when I'm lying still, not reading or watching TV, I feel pain from the area.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:34 pm

No I don't think you should ask for an x-ray. Just tell your doctor about your symptoms and he will examine you. Based on his examination he would be the best person to recommend further investigations if needed.

I'll check here tomorrow, so please update the thread!
Good luck!

|