Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: Hard Painless Rectal Lump

sealove - Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:40 pm

I am a 51 y/o female with a very hard rectal lump (peanut in shape and size)
I noticed it about 1 month ago and it is still there. It extends up into my rectum on the l-wall with barely little sticking out of the anus itself. It is not painful at all, no bleeding, dosn't hurt when I move my bowels, no blood stains when wiping, I don't even know it's there really. I do feel it when I sit (dosn't hurt) just feel it, like I'm sitting on a stone or something. I do however have alot of pressure on my coccyx bone when I go to stand up (it feels like alot of pressure like it's gong to explode) but it's so far away from the lump. I have had very few hemorriods in the past that were very itchy, painful, bloody (but rare) maybe 1-2 times per year. This lump is nothing like that. I have no insurance, free clinics are not free and hospitals just refer you to specialist. Do you have any idea what this new hard lump is? Any suggestions?

Thank You Kindly and Happy Haoliday!
Christin
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:24 pm

It would be impossible to make a guess at what this could be without direct clinical examination. Possibilities include a thrombosed hemorrhoid versus a neoplastic mass that requires a biopsy. Patients with thrombosed hemorrhoids often report the feeling of sitting on a stone, especially that you have a history of hemorrhoids.

Unfortunately, cancer cannot be excluded solely on the basis of clinical symptoms. You need to be examined as soon as possible.
 sealove - Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Thank You Dr.
 Guest1000 - Tue May 26, 2009 11:26 am

About two days ago after wearing a thong I realise that a lump appeared right outside my anal area and if I touch it, it hurts it feels sort of hard. Can anyone help?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:46 pm

User avatar HI Guest1000,
Based on your description alone it may not be possible to come to a diagnosis.However, i can only hazard a guess(or two!)...
- Strong possibility of this lump being a perianal hematoma.These appear as firm, tender lumps at the anal opening (appear bluish on inspection).
- The other possibility is a thromosed, prolapsed hemorrhoid.
Rather than guessing, i guess you should get examined by a surgeon to sort this out.
Good Luck!

|