Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swelling in armpit

rogersjoey - Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:06 pm

This past week I worked outside in the rain. I quickly became sick, and I've been struggling this weekend with a lot of chest congestion and head congestion. Friday night my girlfriend pointed out that I had a knot right at the top of my right armpit. Yesterday it appeared just a bit bigger. It doesn't hurt to touch it, and it is soft. It's almost like an inflamation of some sort, but I can feel something in it. It feels like fatty tissue, about 3/4 of an inch. On the surface it's just a bit red, and again feels soft, like inflamation. For some odd reason, it seems like I remember looking in the mirror a couple months back and seeing what appeared to be a little lump there. Not sure about it, but I know there's one there now. I had a fever Thursday and Friday with the head & chest congestion, but it's breaking up today, and my fever's gone. I can't tell if the swelling has gone down in the spot I mentioned, but I must admit it's really scared me. Should I go on to the DR and have this checked, or is it related to the infection I've had? Any advise at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and God bless.
 rogersjoey - Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:20 pm

I decided to go on to the Dr's office today, and it ended up being nothing. It was in my right arm, and he said it was absolutely nothing to worry about. To say the least I was thrilled.

|