Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Vertigo, how long does it last?

ordinarymom - Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:43 pm

I have been suffering from what the doctor called Begnign Positional Vertigo for 5 weeks now. Sometimes it is attacks of just dizzyness, and sometimes it can knock me out for the whole day. I have been suffering from headaches that are only relieved when I vomit and some spontanious vomiting ( no warning) I always feel fatigue when the attacks are at there worst. I would like to know how long does this last, could there be something more that is wrong?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Regarding the duration of symptoms, that would be a hard question to answer.

Is your headache positional as well? What I mean is it more severe on stooping forwards? Do you have blurring of vision when it happens? Do you have a fever? Recent trauma to the head?

If symptoms persist, at one stage your doctor may consider a CT/MRI of the brain just to make sure there's nothing to worry about.

You should report your symptoms to your doctor right away.
Please keep us updated.

|