News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Smooth neck lumps, symmetric locations

Celestis - Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Hello,

Four weeks ago I noticed the growth of two neck lumps, each approximately three to four centimeters in extent, lying symmetrically, on both sides, in my supraclavicular fossa, between clavicle and trapezius. Interestingly, their size is varying. A week ago, they were almost gone; Now they reappeared.

Their shape has no special features. They are very smooth, and painless - both in a normal and in a pressed state. There are no harder structures beneath the lumps (at least, I am not capable of feeling anything). I am not experiencing any difficulties.

The first time they appeared I was having long and daunting conversations, due to my job, and I was constantly sitting in a most uncomfortable way. Hence, my back/shoulders hurt and I often had a dry throat. I seldom drink water.

Additionally, I smoke regularly. I am worried that it might be something more serious.

Thank you in advance,
- Celestis
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:50 pm

User avatar Hi there,

I hope you are feeling better. The fact that they vary in size should be reassuring however, that should not prevent you from seeing a physician. This is very important given your smoking risk and your age.

Please have someone check them ASAP and keep us updated.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here