Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Anus pain / burning sensation / leakage

seriorissue - Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:46 am

From last 2 months there is pain / burning sensation /leakage in my anus region. I have pain around right side and that is internal.
First I was told it may be external hemorrhoids or anal fissure and abscess. (Sometimes I can feel something bulging from anus after bowel movement.)
For 2 months I was on medicine for the above symptom.

But now also I have the same pain at the right side and very small amount of leakage still continues when passing air or while walking.

I have done proctoscopy and colonoscopy but they revealed nothing.
The only thing that was in colonoscopy that some stools were stick around the skin of intestine near rectum.
And doctor guess that because of this I am having the above symptoms.
So I am advised to drink plenty of water high fiber diet and stay from spicy foods.

Also I have problem that I am not able to have complete bowel movement(BM).
I have 1 BM in morning but after sometime feel to go for next BM.
But this BM is very sensitive. It means if I am not able to reach toilet within urge.
I don’t hv a BM. And the whole I am passing notorious gases from
my anus.
Can u help me to diagnosis my problems ??
I have a sitting job and it usually takes me around midnight to have dinner bcz of work pressure.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Obviously the anus/rectum is not functioning properly. I am glad that you have visited your doctor and have undergone endoscopy. This should be sufficient to exclude any serious diseases.

Tenesmus (inability to complete a bowel motion) is a symptoms of many colonic diseases including inflammatory bowel disease among others. This also should have been excluded by a colonoscopy.

I think your sitting job is the culprit. I would advise you to follow your doctors orders regarding drinking water and dietary recommendations. I would also suggest that you try some form of physical exercise (eg, running, tennis) several times a week. Try this for a few weeks and let me know if there's any improvement.

seriorissue - Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Thx for ur reply.
Currently i am starting with basic stretching exercise for startup 20 -30 mins/day (As i hv not done nay phusical activites for yrs now)
I will let u know about the progress within few weeks

once more thx for ur reply
 seriorissue - Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:38 am

Hello Dr. Tamer Fouad,

I followed ur advice and doing some or other physical activities for the same.

But still some problem continues,
Currently i face following problems:-
1. My Stool is soft and sticky. So i have to drink 1-2 liters of water in the morning to flush out my stools. But i guess, i am not able to evacuate completely, so i am farting, all the day. It is worsens, when i am not able to hv a bowel movement.
Also after 2-3 hrs, due to hell lot of sweating, when i clean my anus i find small amount of stool smell in the sweat.
2. Though i don't hv major pain in my right anus but sometimes i can feel pain in my right anus. Also i feel like heaviness around around the area where the large intestine and small intestine meet each other.
3. I hv diagnosed with kidney stone from my sonography. But its still not clear so i am advised for "IVP" test which i will be doing shortly.

My Major concern is tht i am always farting, bloating even after a having bowel movement and sometimes anus sweat smell like a stool.
And How i can avoid these problems ?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:46 am

User avatar Hi
Have you tried chewing on a green salad while sitting. Its great for bowels and for stool formation as well as being a great source of vitamins. It will make you leave you feeling healthy and a good way to reduce calories.

I am assuming that the exercising has benefited you in some areas as well.

I suspect that part of your problem is related to bowel function. It may take some time to get better but improving your lifestyle health habits will be better all around.

Please keep us updated.
 seriorissue - Wed May 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Hello Dr. Tamer Fouad,

I hv followed ur advice, and routine is as:

I still hv the symptoms/ptoblems:-
1. Slight pain in my right anus.
2. Stools are sticky, soft and smelly
Though they are soft i am not able to evacuate all of them in a single instance.
My first bowel movement (BM) is due to drinking 2-3 litres of water in the
morning
I get second urge of bowel movement, but its very sensitive and for short period.
If i am not able to get to toilet within that short period, i am farting alll the day
round.
When i fart, sometimes the air is wet. As aresult when i sweat people get smell
of stools from my body sweat .
3. Food:
Morning breakfast: Glass of milk + fruit (banana/sweet lemon/water
melon or any other fruit which i feel comfortable) + any small qty chips or
processed stuff
Lunch:- Wheat flour Roti + green leafy or normal vegetable.
1 banana or 1-2 pieces of fruits.
Afternoon:- Sugar Cane Juice / Fast food items like Masal Dosa
Not any spicy food
Dinner:- Wheat flour Roti + green leafy or normal vegetable.
+ Dal Rice + 1-2 pieces of fruits.

4. Excercise:- I do streching for 20 - 30 mins in morning
I hv a seating job for 10 - 12 hrs

But nothing is helping me.
Now pls tell me wht to do
My Bowel problems still exist ..........................
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:24 am

I am really sorry that you are still suffering so much. I am taking your issues very seriously, but I don't think I am able to help beyond stressing that you should seek the advice of a gastroenterologist again. This is not only because I unable to help you further but also because it could be something more serious that is resisting the simple measures above. The medical term is tenesmus, so you may want to look that up further.

Please do keep me updated and let me know if you have any other questions.

seriorissue - Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Hello Dr. Tamer Fouad ,

I had gone to GI. He did proctoscopy and ruled out that i hav any problems.
He told me that i don't hv any abscess, piles (external or internal) or any type of infections.
Looking at my reports he prescribed me following medicines :
1. Unienzyme - just after dinner
2. Ciplox-TZ - at night
3. Fibril powder - at night
For the following conditions
1. pain in right anus
2. gases and cosntipation issue.

Things are improving slowly, now i have 1 bowel movement in morning almost regularly.
But i still have a random pain in right anus and gases problems.
The pain is of same type that existed 2 yrs ago when i was diagnosed for piles.

There may be other reasons also:
1. Exercise and doing yoga
2. I am taking juice of mix vegetables.

Also, he ruled out that i hv any kidney stone problem also. Because according to him if i had it, them i must hv severe pain around tht region which i don't hv.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:21 am

User avatar Hi seriorissue,
I just have a few comments about bowel gas which i though of passing on to you.
Most of the bowel gas is swallowed air(exogenous)
Some of it is formed within (endogenous) duing the process of digestion and bacterial action.
Hurriedly eating is one common cause of excessive air swallowing (although, the blame is squarely placed on the food stuff mostly!).One other reason for excessive air swallowing is frequent, voluntary belching.In this instance,a person thinks that he/she is expelling the air out....but what happens in reality is that more air gets in!!
Let me explain...there is a spnincter at the top of the esophagus known as the crico pharyngeous muscle. Normally in is in a contracted state, preventing outside air entering the gut (due to the atmospheric pressure).
During unconscious belching, this opens momentarily allowing air to escape out. if a person belches voluntarily, the throat only makes a sound, muscle relaxes and allows air to get in!
This results in a vicious cycle of belching ---- air swallowing ---- flatulence ---- more belching ---- and thus it goes on & on.
Therefore, eat in a leisurely fashion, chew(masticate) food well before swallowing, avoid chewing gum with your mouth open, avoid junk foods, avoid unnecessary belching etc.
I do not know of sweat smelling of flatus ( although some foods may cause their smell in the sweat).
Good luck!

|