News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: pain in nipple- 25 years male

sam_14 - Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Hello,

i am 25 years old male having pain with my left nipple.
since a year ago , my left nipple becomes hard and pains even on a slightest touch but this doesnt stay long .. i get this pain once in a while when i have sex(regurarly)

now for the very first time i even got pain in my right nipple and i see no discharge from any of my nipples...nor any sort of lump anywhere.... its jst becomes rock hard and pains like hell for a day or two and when it becomes hard , i see some sort of thing inside my nipple at fewer occassions .. may be blood clotting or kinda

i am really tensioned so as what to do with this problem, i have no prior disease or anything as such.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:22 pm

User avatar Hello,

Thank you for your question.

You should be evaluated by a physician in order for your condition to be assessed properly. Without an examination it would be impossible for any one to tell what is wrong.

This could be related to repeated physical trauma from clothes which would render the nipple area slightly inflamed and this could make them tender to touch. On the other hand, there may be a cyst which has become infected / causes discomfort.

Male breast cancer is a rare condition especially at your age. However, without an examination nothing can be excluded.

Since it has been going on for so long, I would strongly recommend that you pay a visit to the doctor's office ASAP.

Best regards and keep us updated.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here