Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Overwhelming Fear of Brain Tumor

NewMommy0723 - Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:29 pm

I gave birth to my first child in July. Everything went well...No problems at all. During my fifth month of pregnancy I started to see floaters and every once in awhile I would see what I can only explain an one speck of silver light (like seeing stars but only one speck)dot across my line of vision. About a month ago my muscles started to twitch. The seem to be twitching mainly in my legs arms and occasionalymy face. I have noticed that I have overwhelming fear that I will not be around to raise my daughter and today I made an appointment with someone that can help with post partum depression. Last night was my breaking point when I noticed that my right eyelid is slightly lower than my left. Today I have had blurry vision...I think this could be related to the amount to crying I have been doing today. I do not have a headache but every once in a while I will feel a little off...like dizzy but not room spinning dizzy. This has not happened in a few weeks. I am so scared and I just need to know if I am persenting symptoms of anything that is going to take me from my little girl...Please Help! Thank You!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:21 pm

I am sorry to hear about your depression but at the same time I should congratulate you on giving birth. I hope you two have a healthy, happy and prosperous life together.

The symptoms that you describe are very nonspecific. This means that it does not one of the symptoms which automatically alerts a doctor that the patient may have something serious.

Please note, that I am in no position to give you any form of assessment to your condition, Doctors Lounge Forums are largely an educational service. I could forward this to our Psychiatry Team if you need any advice regarding your fears / depression.

Please report to your doctor any symptoms that concern you.

Again... Congratulations!
 NewMommy0723 - Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess my problem is the "stars that I see. I tend to see them when I am looking a something light...like the ceiling or the sky. I do see just one every once in a while while just sitting. I should also say that during my pregnancy I noticed a decrease in vision. I had my eyes checked 3 months Postpartum and it was determined that I was far sighted and needed glassed to read and be on the computer. I work on a computer all day. I, because of my overwhelming fear google too much and I come up with seeing stars all the time could indicate a seziure due to a brain tumor of the occipital Lobe. I did see a psycholigist last week who diagnosed me with paranoia and anxiey and Postpartum depression. My main concern are the Stars I see. Is this at all a symptom?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:33 am

Have you been examined by a physician for these symptoms. Although all these symptoms are still nonspecific it is important for you to report this to a physician who will conduct an examination to determine what if anything is causing this.

kekekaka - Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:09 am

hey there.
i am having similar problems...
like muscle twitch

my eyes act weird too.
but for mine...like when i normally sitting there.. and the light dim for a short second. it happens to me in day time too, so it shouldn't relates to the light in the house.

did you go to doctor for your case?
if so, what did he say to you? i went to doctor before, he told me is stress.. but the problems keep popping up, so they really scare me of having brain tumor..
please reply me =]

|