News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Lumps on left testicle with pain in stomach, leg and lumps

Shemoore1 - Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 pm

My 23 year old brother just advised me that he has had tumors growing on his left testicle for over a year now. He said that it has gotten to the point that his stomach aches from it and the pain travels down his left leg. He stated that the left testicle swells tremendously when hes standing but when he lies down, the swelling goes away. He does not have any pain in the testicle, but he does have an aching pain in the stomach and sharp pains that travel down his left leg.

In addition to this, he has started to grow tumors behind both of his ears. He has also lost weight. He refuses to go to the doctor! He has tried to impregnant his gf to determine if he is infertile, with no success. I should also mention that approximately two years ago, he caught gonnorhea and kept it a secret and did not receive any treatment for over 2mths because he did not know what was going on with his body. After having it for over 2mnths, he was in excrutiating pain in his lower abdomen and had to be taken to the emergency room for dx and treatment. He is embarrassed and ashamed and is scared to seek treatment.

He believes he has cancer and I'm so worried about him! What does this sound like to you? Do these sound like symptoms of testicular or prostate cancer.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:39 pm

Hello Shemoore1

The symptoms you describe for your brother could be any number of things, including cancer or encapsulated infection among others. Regardless, the symptoms must be addressed as soon as possible in order to have the best outcome. Do whatever you can to convince him to see his doctor at the earliest opportunity. Reassure him that there is no need to be embarrassed or ashamed; he is just one person among many with similar issues, and the medical provider should also reassure him. If his doctor is judgemental, see someone else. Whatever happens, it is urgent that his symptoms are medically evaluated. I wish him well.

Faye, RN, MSW

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here