News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen Lymph nodes behind ear after eating

Adrian1975 - Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:21 am

I have just had a blood test recently and found out I have a high White cell count of 11.9 when the max range is about 11. I have also had my lymph nodes behind my ear and in the back and in front of my right ear swell up. I also recently got my hair bleached blonde in which caused a reaction to my scalp. now it seems when i consume any amount of food, my lymph glands behind my ears start to swell up and then they go down a little, but accompanying the swelling, my neck feels very sore and tender. i am a little worried about myself

Thanks

Adrian.
 beebopalooza - Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:51 pm

I have had very bad reactions to hair dyes. The commercial brands contain ppd which causes sensitivity in some. i used to dye my hair about every 2 months without problems but about 2 yrs ago i started getting itchy rashes around my ears and down my back. Well im not 40 and have more gray hair then my mother so i continued to dye my hair trying several different brands ..all the same reaction only each time i dyed my hair the reactions got worse the nodes behind my ears and all over my neck started swelling and would stay swollen i started wheezing stomach and gut problems. i had to quit using the hair dyes (3 months ago). i have since switched to all natural dyes ( henna and indigo) and my swollen glands have noticeably shrank. these hair dyes are horrible for your body. ppd is the same ingredient they use in black henna ( no such thing as natural black henna)but several ppl have had reactions matter of fact i think ppds are illegal in several other countries.

anyway i guess my point is it is entirely possible your nodes are swollen because of the irritation on your scalp and i strongly suggest you avoid using any type of hair dye because once you have a reaction ALL subsequent reactions get worse i think its what they call a type 2 sensitivity ppds have even been linked to cancer they are HORRIBLE for your body...

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here