News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Anal Bleeding male no anal intercourse, no STD

murakakumo - Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:57 pm

I've been having a recent bleeds whenever I... pass my stool. I've read other forums and they see to have numerous symptoms such and pain and tenderness when dealing with cancer while the the bleeding and maybe frequent gas is the only symptoms that I have, or the only symptom I at least have noticed. It comes out bright red even though my feces is average normal colors. I am a heterosexual virgin male and I have never had anal intercourse.

There was 1 case of spinal meningitis in my shop, although I'm 90% sure its not that.
I am also around a lot of chemicals, jp8 Fuel, hydraulic fluid, oils, Aircraft Sealants CS3204-B1/2 and such.

I have two places that I can get this checked out, a clinic and a medical hospital but if the symptom is minor I don't want to miss work and also I am very uncomfortable talking about this subject to my boss and explaining why I miss work.

Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:59 am

User avatar Hi there,

This is something that you will have to address at the clinic/hospital. Direct medical examination is the only way to make a diagnosis.

That said, your symptoms could be due to hemorrhoids. Classically they present with painless bleeding related to the passage of stools.

Anal cancer has of late become common in male patients younger than 35 years of age but this is largely confined to male homosexuals and those with a history of receptive anal intercourse. Have you noticed any unexplained weight loss recently?

Other risk factors include sexually transmitted diseases as well as a history of genital warts.

Because you do not have any sexual risk factors this reduces the chances of anal cancer. However, other cancers of the GI such as rectal cancer may present with a similar presentation. An examination is necessary even if it is a hemorrhoid it needs to be treated so that it doesn't cause complications and unnecessary distress.

Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here