News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: tender lump under male nipple (i'm 14)

Drago18 - Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 am

Hello i am age 14 turning 15 soon i have had a lump under my left nipple for about 2 months i went to two doctors and each said it was from hormons. it started on my right went away and apperied on my left and has seemed to stay there. the doctor said it would be a couple months befor it went away. if i mess with it sometimes becomes tender to the touch.now sometimes when i get excited or scared,nervouse, or my adrenalin kicks in (even when im cold sometimes) it will sometimes grow in size but then srink back down after i have calmed down. but i'm still scared it might be cancer i know that it is rare but still i am scared. i don't belive there is a history of breast cancer in my family so yeah.i have squeezed it once befor ih hurt but it looked like clear liquid was coming of pours on my nipple and i had to squeeze it pretty hard so just want to know if that was normal and should i get any test done.

Thank you to all who responed to this hopefully you guys can calm my nervous a little bit.
 Faye Lang, RN, MSW - Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello, Drago18,

Since the lump has not gone away and has some unusual properties, such as emitting fluid when squeezed and expanding when you are stressed, you need to return to your doctors and insist that it be evaluated further. If your parents are not involved, then get them involved in insisting on further evaluation. Your situation is not "normal", but does not automatically mean cancer. If your doctors refuse to evaluate it further, seek another opinion. Good luck to you.

Faye, RN, MSW

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here