News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: breast lump with intramammary node

spunky80 - Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm

Hi!

I am 28 year old and have been noticing changes in my left breast for 2 years. 2 years ago i wok up one morning and my breast had doubed in seize, so I saw a doc and had it scanned which showed nothing. Then a year ago I noticed a lump in the same breast and again had it scanned, this time it showed a fibroid which the doc said was normal and told me not to worry , but get it scanned every year. This year I have noticed another lump in my opposite armpit and still have the first lump. I have also lost 25 kilograms in 8 weeks (unintentionally), I have had an ultrasound and I am alittle worried as I carn't make sense of the results, can you help me??? I do have a doc's appointment but cannot get in to see him for three weeks. ( he must be good then right?? ha ha)

Here are the results:-there are small lymph nodes with normal morphology in the axillae bilaterally. Between 9 and 10 o'clock in the right breast laterally, there is a 10 x 7 x 3mm well-defined hypoechoic lesion with a fatty hilum in keeping with a small intramammary node. There are small foci of calcification at 3 and 9 o'clock in the left breast.
Do I need to worry or is this normal?
Thankyou so much for your time
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:07 pm

User avatar Hi,

Intramammary lymph nodes are commonly encountered and are usually normal and not a cause for concern. They tend to be located at the upper outer quadrant and tend to have a distinct appearance on a mammogram when they are benign.

Is there anything said to describe the calcifications that are present?

Please note this is an educational service and there is no way I can give you an assessment without first hand evaluation of your scans.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here