News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Unknown 'hardened' area with some pain, discomfort

heshi - Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:08 pm

I have a hardened mass that has developed on the inside of my left butt cheek. It does not protrude, nor is visible. It runs the length of the 'crack'. It is about a half inch wide. It is uncomfortable, and only painful at times of long sitting. I have no problems with bowel movements, nor is there blood in the stool. It is completely internal and you can feel it hardened just on the inside of the left butt cheek from the side of the anus to the top of the butt cheek, all located just off the 'crack' on the interior of the cheek itself. No outside redness or infection.
 S.WILLIAMS,RN - Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:52 pm

The problem you describe, without pain, redness or any changes in bowel habits could be a simple cyst or lipoma. But since I assume this is a new development, things can change over time. Keep checking on it and noting its changes if any. There are Pilonideal cysts that develop at the tailbone and can run down the buttock...but these are usually very painful. If It does not go away within the next couple of weeks, I would make an appointment with the doctor just to have it checked out and give you peace of mind.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here