Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: testicular pain and swelling in testicle

chris33 - Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:01 am

Hi, Im a little worried im 21 and my right testicle has grown in size over the past few months, i cant feel any lumps, and upon going to the doctors they found no lumps either and told me it was nothing. Ive had this for about a year and a half. i keep getting pain only in my right testicle, sometimes its a sharp pain others its more of a dull ache. i also worry because the amount of seamen i produce seems quite low, and can be quite clear in colour..
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Normally the opacity and amount of semen wouldn't be much of a consideration, but since it seems to mark a change consistent with the appearance of this enlarged and tender testicle, I'm a little skeptical about the "nothing" finding, because. I would think at the least your doctor would want to explore what might be causing this. They complaint could be normal, but it also could be caused by a spermatic cyst, hydrocele, orchitis, and a number of other, mostly quite benign but nonetheless annoying problems which can be treated to minimize the discomfort.

I'd be more aggressive and let the doctor know this is not only uncomfortable but also worrisome, and seek either additional reassurance or further study, whichever seems appropriate. It may well be a nothing, but if it's causing symptoms and is a worry, it deserves further attention.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Please follow up with us as needed.

|