News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: testicular pain and swelling in testicle

chris33 - Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:01 am

Hi, Im a little worried im 21 and my right testicle has grown in size over the past few months, i cant feel any lumps, and upon going to the doctors they found no lumps either and told me it was nothing. Ive had this for about a year and a half. i keep getting pain only in my right testicle, sometimes its a sharp pain others its more of a dull ache. i also worry because the amount of seamen i produce seems quite low, and can be quite clear in colour..
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:20 pm

User avatar Hello --

Normally the opacity and amount of semen wouldn't be much of a consideration, but since it seems to mark a change consistent with the appearance of this enlarged and tender testicle, I'm a little skeptical about the "nothing" finding, because. I would think at the least your doctor would want to explore what might be causing this. They complaint could be normal, but it also could be caused by a spermatic cyst, hydrocele, orchitis, and a number of other, mostly quite benign but nonetheless annoying problems which can be treated to minimize the discomfort.

I'd be more aggressive and let the doctor know this is not only uncomfortable but also worrisome, and seek either additional reassurance or further study, whichever seems appropriate. It may well be a nothing, but if it's causing symptoms and is a worry, it deserves further attention.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Please follow up with us as needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here