News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: LUMP ON RIGHT BREAST

dmcnmami - Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:26 pm

i'm hoping by some miracle you can tell me what i have instead of me going 2 see a doctor, even though i'm sure i'll have to make myself go...

I have a small lump on my right breast. It does NOT hurt when I touch it. It is not soft but it is not hard either. It feels like only ONE. You can not see it on the outside of my body. There is no buldge and no swellingness. It does kind of move. It has been there for quite some time, i'd say months. Some people say it could be a cyst or just tissue inside the breast. I've never felt that before. I thought women should get their breast exams at the age of 40. Is it necessary for me to get one at my age?! I'm only 22. I don't even know what kind of doctor to go to.
 philomina - Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:37 am

i would seriously recommend you to visit a doctor, coz any small lump can not be taken lightly. i seriosly hope there is nothing wrong with you, but whats wrong in taking a professional opinion?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:29 am

User avatar Hi dmcnmami,
If you feel a lump in your breast,without any question it needs to be investigated.Only a doctor would be able to say if it is a discreet lump or just 'lumpiness' (as in fibrocystic changes).
Also it may not be posssible to tell if it is solid or cystic clinically (many breast cysts feel solid clinically & ultrasonography is good at differentiating a cyst from solid lumps).If a breast lump is felt,it should be investigated irrespective of the age.Breast cancers do occur in younger individuals.Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here