Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: LUMP ON RIGHT BREAST

dmcnmami - Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:26 pm

i'm hoping by some miracle you can tell me what i have instead of me going 2 see a doctor, even though i'm sure i'll have to make myself go...

I have a small lump on my right breast. It does NOT hurt when I touch it. It is not soft but it is not hard either. It feels like only ONE. You can not see it on the outside of my body. There is no buldge and no swellingness. It does kind of move. It has been there for quite some time, i'd say months. Some people say it could be a cyst or just tissue inside the breast. I've never felt that before. I thought women should get their breast exams at the age of 40. Is it necessary for me to get one at my age?! I'm only 22. I don't even know what kind of doctor to go to.
 philomina - Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:37 am

i would seriously recommend you to visit a doctor, coz any small lump can not be taken lightly. i seriosly hope there is nothing wrong with you, but whats wrong in taking a professional opinion?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:29 am

User avatar Hi dmcnmami,
If you feel a lump in your breast,without any question it needs to be investigated.Only a doctor would be able to say if it is a discreet lump or just 'lumpiness' (as in fibrocystic changes).
Also it may not be posssible to tell if it is solid or cystic clinically (many breast cysts feel solid clinically & ultrasonography is good at differentiating a cyst from solid lumps).If a breast lump is felt,it should be investigated irrespective of the age.Breast cancers do occur in younger individuals.Good luck!

|