Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: ENLARGMENT OF LYMPH WITH EAR RING

sarasady - Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:49 pm

DEAR DR
IM FEMALE,26 NO MEDICAL HISTORY
I HAVE A STRANGE QUESTION,IN LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK UNDER EAR THERE IS SMALL LYMPH NODE THAT I CAN FEEL IT WHEN I USE EARRING,IF I don't USE EAR RINGS IT WILL BE GONE?WHATS THAT?ALSO THERE IS ANOTHER ONE ON SIDE OF MY NECK NEAR BACK IN MIDDLE THAT I CAN FEEL IT WHEN I TURN MY NECK TO SIDE,ITS HERE FOR 2 YEARS AND THERE IS NO INCREASE NO DECREASE IN SIZE NO PAIN,BUT I M SCARED IF IT COULD BE STH LIKE LYMPHOMA,BLOOD TEST ARE NORMAL,WHAT DO U SUGGEST ,?SHOULD I GO TO SPECIALIST?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:16 pm

First, when you use an earring and this lymph node pops up, are you wearing the earring for at least a day? Or does the node become palpable as soon as you insert the ring? You could be having an allergic reaction to the ring or you may have some sort of neuromuscular anomaly on that side of your face/neck that causes this node to change position when you've gone through the motions involved in putting the ring in place. In either case it doesn't sound serious, since it is only when you wear an earring. If it were a cause for concern you probably would be aware of it all the time.

As for the other node you're able to feel,the one near the back of your neck, since you are able to find it only when you turn your head and since you discovered it two years ago and it hasn't changed in any way, this suggests it may have been present previously and you just happened to notice it then and it's remained there and unchanged.

If either node changes in any way, I'd suggest you have it/them checked. Otherwise, I think you're fine. You will likely continue to check them out of habit, so you'd notice if anything were to change. So far so good.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.
 sarasady - Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:42 am

dear dr thanks alot for great reply

|