News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: Freckles on palm of hand

starless - Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Today I noticed three black spots that form a straight line on the palm of my hand that were definitely not there yesterday. They are about the size of a head of a pin and are (roughly) about a centimeter apart from each other. They are located on the heel of my left palm (and off to the right a bit). I never had any freckles on my palms before so it's a bit unsettling to see three pop up at once. Is this something I should worry about or is it normal?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:07 pm

User avatar Hi there --

Palmar freckles are very unusual, so this does raise an eyebrow at least. The fact they showed up rather spontaneously suggests they are innocent and probably due to some trauma to the heel of your hand, as this does sometimes result in the sort of lesions you describe.

However...if these do not disappear in fairly short order (in a week or so), you probably would be wise to have a dermatologist look at them, since once in a very great while something problematic is found this way serendipitously.

Hope this is helpful to you. Good luck, and please follow up with us here as needed.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here