News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Large painful lump above collarbone

cat2311 - Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:14 am

Hi,
I have had a swollen and painful hard lump on my neck, just above my collarbone for a few weeks now. This has caused the whole of the left side of my neck to become very stiff and I have also been getting a dull aching pain at the back of my head on the same side. Any ideas? Thanks :)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:45 am

User avatar Hello,

Lumps above the collar bone are usually concerning especially when they lead to pain since that area is rich with nerves. The prospects of cancer are obviously less likely in younger persons such as yourself (age 19); however, they are not impossible.

Please have it checked as soon as possible and come back here to update your thread.

Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here