News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: White Circular Mass passed with feces

kvalmont - Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:18 am

Hello

I have passed several white circular, solid masses with my feces over the passed few days. This however is not the first time, but since they have passed within a few days of each other versus a few weeks, I am growing concern.

They are relatively small and appear separate from my excrements. They are not the same texture, color, or resemble the feces. I have tried looking up what it could possible be, but I have yet to find a definitive answer.

I would appreciate your professional opinion in this matter; or, if you could direct me to the proper discipline that this would fall under.

Thank you in advance.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:14 pm

User avatar Hello,Are you on medication?Ghost tablets are oral tabs passed in motion,ie only the shell and resemble exactly the picture you give.Other altenative would be fat globules,and undigested food.Tapeworm segments are look alikes,do get a stool examination.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:04 pm

User avatar Hi,
Apart from the possibilities suggested by Dr.Jagesh kamath, let me add a few others...
a) fecoliths (concretions that form spontaneously in the feces - usually not white in colour)
b) Biliary calculi (biliary stones) that come down into the intestines and are passed in feces (could be white in colour - esp cholesterol stones).
c) pellet like stools seen in some cases of diverticular disease of the colon (unlikely to be white).
d) some seeds one might have swallowed whole in a hurry.
As you have not mentioned the average size of these masses,i am unable to afford a guess!Thank you for this thought provoking post and good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here