News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: pain under armpit and side of breast

tulip18 - Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:23 pm

ive been getting pain for about the past month every now and then under my armpit and left side of my breast.... i don't know what its from. i don't know exactly what to look for in a breast exam either.
 Kirsty_Oz - Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:34 am

does the pain occur occasionally or after any activity using your arms?
after a month of recurring pain and no noticeable trigger, maybe you should just see your GP for a check up. it is better to have it assessed professionally, who knows, it could be a muscle strain and something such as stretches or techique could help!
 splume - Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:45 pm

I have had the same experience before myself... but I have always just tied it back to part of pms... if this is incorrect... I'd be very interesed in hearing what other people say about it
 Ms. Theebow - Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:56 am

I have these under arm pain like a burning under each arm pit and a thobbing going down each arm, sometimes going up my neck. this started after my period. Could someone tell what it could be.
 nolagirl412 - Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 am

I am a 27 year old female and had this same pain for about a month. I didn't know what it was and couldn't get an appointment with my doctor for a while. I started researching this pain on the internet and found a lot of websites that said that it could be stress related. Then I realized that I had been pretty stressed since the beginning of the month so I decided to take a few days off to "get away from it all". Now that my body is relaxed, the tenderness seems to have gone away. I've also been wearing a bra a lot less and that may be contributing to the pain going away. I hope this helps!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here