News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: how to tell whether i have skin cancer or just a spot

dreww0101 - Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 am

I am 20 and have developed a red spot which is smaller than a marble and sticks out a tiny bit ( probably about a milimeter) it has a tiny scab and if i pick it it showed a pin prick of blood. It is slightly itchy but only if i think about it, its not very very itchy. if i squeeze it no puss comes out of it.

It is approaching 2 weeks since i have had it now and it has not changed at all. Should I be worried? All the sites I have read about skin cancer say that if a lump has been there for 4 weeks without healing.

So i guess im asking do my symtoms sound like skin cancer? If not what should I be looking out for?

I am very paraniod as i went on the sunbeds about 3 weeks ago... And i regret it and know it was a mistake. At the time I just thought 5 minutes in a sunbed can't be much worse than a day in the sun in Greece... How true is this?

Many Thanks for any help,
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:02 am

User avatar Hello,What you mention is mostly a small granuloma an would have disappeared by now.If it persists do show your doctor for further evaluation.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here