Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Small lump with tail on R breast, just under skin

radhappygrl - Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:33 pm

I do not have insurance, but I went to a free women's clinic for examination. I found a lump a few weeks ago that was pea sized and moved from the breast surface and back inside tissue. It was gone for a week or so and now 5 days ago, I found another mass in the exact area. It is just under the skin. It's a very small pebble size bump that has a tail attached (feels like a vein?) It was originally about 3/4 inch long and now today is about 1 1/4 inch long and the tail now curves like a fish hook. If I press down on the skin, it appears white. It is not movable. There is no pain, redness or swelling in the area. While being examined, the nurse did find the original lump as well. It had moved deep into the tissue. They have requested medicaid benefits for diagnostic treatment, but it will take about 6 weeks to get it and see the doctor to schedule the sonogram. I am really scared, since my sister has been battling breast cancer for 5 years now and this thing seems to be growing rapidly.
Please help with any advise or comforting news...
 Jan PA-C MPH - Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:25 pm

Dear radhappygrl;
I hope that you have by now been able to access the screening services that you need for evaluation of this change in your R breast. I know it is a terribly nerve racking time, especially with the family history that you have, but don't let that deter you from seeking out a full and thorough evaluation of this change.

Any change in a breast may be a legitimate reason for concern and you are doing the right thing. Remember - early intervention is the best intervention. Treatments for breast cancer are improving daily! Please let us know how you are doing!

Jan
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:41 am

User avatar Hello radhappygrl;
It is a rather peculiar lump that you are describing. Does not fit description of most known lumps. One not so common diagnosis which comes to my mind is "Mondor's Disease"- a condition caused by inflammation of the subcuteneous veins over the breast(benign). Hope you are better by now.

|