Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: lump near breasts. Very worried.

miko - Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:13 am

Hi..
I have discovered a lump recently, it is located between my breasts and armpit, above the breasts area. It is soft and seems raised compared to the other side. It doesn't cause any pain or itch but I am quite worried about it. My mum said that it was probably just my fats but the lump wasn't there before. Why it is appearing? It is making me very worried. Is there a need to see a doctor? I have no family history of breast cancer. Please reply. Thanks.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:47 am

The lump you have described could be
1) a prominent axillary tail of the breast
2) a lump in the axillary tail or
3) an accessory axillary breast tissue.
You surely need to be assesed by a surgeon and a mammogram/ultrasonography is definitely indicated.Cheers!

|