News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lung Cancer

Question: Lung pain and cancer?

ANNE - Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:20 pm

Hello,
I HAVE RIGHT LUNG PAIN, INTERMITTENT, ESPECIALLY IN THE MORNINGS FEELS LIKE SOME ONE HAS KICKED ME IN THE LUNG FROM INSIDE, WINDS ME, AND I HAVE TO HOLD MYSELF UP UNTIL PAIN SUBSIDES. ANY IDEAS WHAT MAY BE ???
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:36 am

User avatar The lung itself is not sensitive to pain. Please characterize your pain. Is it related to breathing? How would you best describe it? Do you have any other chest symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath? Do you cough blood? Do you have fever? How long ago did this start?
 ANNE - Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:13 am

I FEEL AS BEEN KICKED IN LUNG AREA BUT RIGHT INSIDE AND FEEL WINDED, CANT BREATH FOR A FEW SECONDS ABOUT 15 TO 20 SECONDS.....STARTED ABOUT 6 WEEKS AGO, NO COUGHING AND NO BLOOD. CAN COME ON REALLY BAD WHEN I STAND UP AFTER SITTING STILL FOR A WHILE.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:24 am

User avatar ANNE,
It looks like it could be pleurisy. Its an inflammation of the lining membrane of the lungs. The pain in this case is related to breathing, patients usually complain that they cannot take a deep breath because of the pain. Its very common nowadays and I have had to answer several posts today that concern pleurisy.
Please have it checked out to exclude any associated diseases and start appropriate therapy.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here