News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Lump in left lower jaw and smaller one in right ear lobe

 MrQ - Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:26 am

Hi, i'm a 19 year old male, height around 175, weight 65kg, asian, and i've today noticed that there's a movable lump in my left lower jaw about the size of a small grape, oval/roundish in shape.

The lump feels quite flat(think the shape of a gum drop), and the only sensation i feel is when it hits against my jaw bone? (i don't feel pain when i touch or press the lump)

and also, i've been having this small tiny lump in my right ear lobe, about half the size of a grain of rice, and about the shape of a sunflower seed (since i can feel it's slightly pointed in one end), and it's also movable. However it used to be slightly bigger, and i used to have 2. One disappeared, while this one that i have seems to have shrunk slightly.

any suggestions what the two might be?
I'm quite concerned with the one on my lower jaw
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:42 am

User avatar Hi,
I will try to list some of the possibilities for the swelling on your ear lobe...
a) Milia - which are small, multiple, white,
keratin-filled cysts
2) Chondrodermatitis nodularis helicus chronica which is a discrete, firm, raised and frequently tender or painful,nodule which is usually located at the apex of the helix of the ear.
This lesion occurs primarily in middle-aged and elderly
men, and is thought to be a result of solar damage to the skin.
3) pre auricular cysts - which sometimes get infected.

The swelling on your lower jaw could be an enlarged facial lymph node which may be a result of infection in one of the swellings i have sited or due to some infection in the oral cavity.

However, discuss with your GP or an ENT specialist and take the right decision.Cheers!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


Useful Sites



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here