News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Im a guy and I have this lump on my nipple

typeL - Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Hello
I have a small situation
im a guy and me and my dad were trying to push each other past a certain line to see who was stronger, we were shuving each other without using each others hands so our shoulders and chest were doing all the pushing.
Then my dad backed up and charged at me hitting my nippel hard it stung alot and i had to stop and its been like a month and my nippel still hurts
it feels like i could feel a lump on that nippel
unlike the other.
If I push down on it it hurts much like a soar muscle.
I don't see any sign of discharge or crust on the nipple.
I appreciate any advise and thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:22 am

User avatar Hi typeL,
Unfortunately,you have not mentioned your age as well as the duration of your problem.
In men, the breasts are rudimentary and present as small, rounded and flat discs under the areolae.Unlike in women,there is very little fatty tissue around the breasts (except in the elderly, where one may develop gynecomastia) and they sit right on the pectoralis major muscles.Thus the discs and nipples are more prone to injuries.
your injury was perhaps significant enough to result in a post traumatic inflammation in the breast disc and nipple.This should be expected to sponteneously get better in due course.NSAIDs may be useful in the initial few days.Cheers!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here