Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Small Painful Lump at the edge of my anal hole

avante - Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:51 pm

A few weeks ago I was constipated and after passing a bowel had pain in my anal area. It was swollen and painful to the touch, however if I squeezed it I could feel a tiny, pea-like lump right on the edge of my anal hole.

This took several days to heal and now, again after having a hard bowel, it is back. It's very sore and has the same symptoms as the last one. It's a constant pain, especially when sitting or touching it. There is no blood and it's lasted for two days so far.

I'm fully prepared to go to the doctor and tell my parents about this, though it's quite embarassing, but I want to get reassurance that this isn't cancer or something.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 am

User avatar Hi avante,
Well it is probably not cancer. It's most likely an infection in the skin surrounding the anus. This is a rather sensitive area and prone to trauma (from hard stools) and certain type of bacteriae. Yes, please go to the doctor and have it checked out.

|