Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: tennis ball sized lump under arm!

laylay192001 - Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:49 pm

Hello my name is Lacey. I am 22 years old with a 9 month old daughter. I have been having breast pain for 3 months. My right breast is also swollen slightly. I thought I felt a lump in my right breast so i made an appointment with my obgyn. The morning of the appointment I woke up with a large tennisball sized hard lump under my right armpit that doesnot move. I went to the ob and she set me up for a ultrasound of my breasts and to see a breast surgeon on March 3rd. I went to the ultrasound and they told me they didnt find a lump and said nothing about the lump under my armpit. i have since developed one under the other armpit and am concerned. I went to a regular doctor at a clinic and explained my situation. He said he didnt think it was an infection because I have no fever and do not feel bad. he gave me antibiotics anyway. my question is should i see someone else. What could this be?? Should I wait til the 3rd to see the breast surgeon. Please help!!
 Dr. Brim M. - Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:50 am

Are you breast feeding?
 laylay192001 - Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:52 am

No I never Breast Fed
 shortcake1 - Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:37 am

i breast fed for 6 weeks two weeks into it a got a lump size of a baseball under my arm and very painful. I called the doctor and he said it was a clocked milk duct and take tyenol and warm rag, my son is 11 months old and at least once a month this recoccurs if you find a answer let me know.
 shortcake1 - Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:23 pm

hi again this may help ease your mind not saying this is what it is but it's possible.....I went to the doctor today and she stated that it was the breast tissue and that it was the same for each arm just for some reason one swells more then the other around that time of the month and that she will recheck in six weeks to make sure nothing has changed and that once that time of the month has passed that the swelling has gone down and that will conclude that is diffently what it is. Also she could not feel anything within the breast tissue to indicate anything more.

|