News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Cervical Cancer

Question: hpv vaccine

likeable2 - Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:37 am

Can you have sex whilst in the middle of your 3 cervical cancer jabs?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 am

User avatar Hello,Protected sex is a must despite Hpv vaccination course The vaccine course is no contra indication sex but it is worthwhile remembering that it would not protect against all types of HPV but then most of it.Also there are other STDs which could get transmitted,and thus safe sex has to be pracised despite getting the vaccine.Since the vaccine does not contain viral particles you will not transmit any disease relating to the vaccine.Condom usage by partner would be ideal during this period of vaccination.There is little data about vaccine during pregnancy though it is generally considered safe.Quadrivalent vaccine is not recommended during pregnancy however due to lack of data.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:40 am

User avatar Hello,In continuation with the above, initiation of vaccine series is delayed until after completion of pregnancy.So you should be careful about the same.So I feel abstinence would be an ideal setting during vaccine.Do consult your health care provider for more details.Cheers.
 forgettgravityy - Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm on the oral contraceptive pill and i've just had the vaccine, am I able to have sex with my boyfriend without a condom or do I need one?
 girl-19 - Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:27 am

I don't want to sound silly, but I am currently waiting for the alst part of the vaccine and have been in to cervical cancer; can you get cervical cancer from unprotected sex?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:54 am

User avatar Hello,It all depends whether you are having monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner.Even after post vaccine standard precautions need to be taken up and oral contraceptive would not offer the protection that a condom would offer against STDs.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here